The Chinese People’s Liberation Army Nanjing Hospital is located in the historical city of Nanjing, back to Mountain Zhong, near to Xuanwu mountain, is a large modern general hospital with historical、coordinate development of teaching、medical and researching. The former of hospital is the national government hospital, preparation in 1929、built in 1930. It is the first western hospital which is built by Chinese. In November of 1986, it changed its name as Nanjing General Hospital of Nanjing Command; it is the fist batch which is given the honor of third class A hospital in 1994. The General Secretary Jiang writes an inscription for the hospital “Carry forward Bethune Spirit, construct modernization hospital”. At present, it has 1800 open sick beds.
The hospital has 52 departments, including 29 clinical departments, 17 medical laboratories, 5 administrative departments. Has 1 national key discipline, 2 key laboratories of the entire army, 4 medicine institutes of the whole army, 3 specialized centers.
The hospital has high medical technology, formed many specialized medical technology, such as cardio-pulmonary-cerebral resuscitation、continuity blood purification、renal biopsy and immune theory、enterocutaneous fistula treatment、pituitary transplant、the research and application of pharmacokinetic and so on. Successfully completed the first small intestine transplantation in Asia、the first combined liver and intestine transplantation in Asia、the first heart transplant in the whole army;
The hospital has the modern medical equipment more than 8000 such as Da Vinci surgical robotic system、cyberknife、all femtosecond lasers、PET/CT、spiral CT、cyclotron、magnetic resonance imaging、flow cytometry、a series of X-ray 1250 MA, total value is up to 0.82 billion yuan.