Food is not only to maintain the normal physiological needs of a reasonable diet or an important guarantee for long-term survival. Because after transplantation to make you recover as soon as possible, some nutrients should be added to the supplement. Other foods can increase the risk of rejection, and some foods can increase the concentration of immunosuppressive agents, so these foods belong to your diet taboo. The following content requires you to understand and adhere to the implementation.
Within 3 months after transplantation
Within 3 months of the transplant, with the gradual recovery of the body, and due to the use of high doses of hormones, transplant recipients of the diet than before surgery will be significantly increased. To prevent obesity, coupled with the renal function has not yet fully recovered, so the total calorie intake should not be too high.
At this stage, the main points of the diet include:
- 1. The application of high-dose hormones can cause bone loss of about 10%, so should pay attention to calcium.
- 2. should be rich in iron, selenium, zinc, silicon and other trace elements of food.
- 3. This stage should be actively added protein, protein daily intake of 1.2 to 1.3 g / kg body weight. (Calculation method: 300 ml of milk or 2 eggs or 50 grams of lean meat can supply 9 grams of high quality protein).
- 4. The carbohydrate intake should be controlled within 50% of total calories, is conducive to lower blood sugar.
- 5. Fat intake should be controlled within 30% of total calories.
- 6. Appropriate limit sodium.
- 7. Care of beans and flour products to control the intake of non-essential amino acids.
3 to 6 months diet after kidney transplantation
3 to 6 months diet after renal transplantation, due to the continued application of immunosuppressive agents, transplant recipients at this time the body immunity is relatively low, that is, this time is the high incidence of infection, so be sure to pay attention to food hygiene. Not raw vegetables, fruits to wash, peel, try not to eat cold dishes, in order to reduce the risk of infection to a minimum.
- At this stage, kidney transplant patients should pay attention to the diet:
- Can gradually increase the calorie intake, about 2500 kcal per day or so.
- Rice intake can be increased by the previous period.
- Compared with the previous stage, protein intake can be reduced as appropriate.
- Food intake and physical activity balance, to maintain the appropriate weight.
- Eat less susceptible to shrimp and crabs and other shellfish food, to avoid drinking, to avoid some toxic to the liver with a cool detoxification effect of food.
- Still have to control the intake of beans and flour products.
Above is the first six months after kidney transplantation diet plan, after kidney transplantation, diet nutrition therapy is essential, a good kidney transplant diet plan can help patients better recovery. If you want to learn more about kidney transplant diets, please consult our online doctor and we will help you solve your problem.