1、What is chronic kidney disease (CKD)?
Chronic kidney disease (CKD) is the glomerular filtration rate is less than 60 ml/min / 1.73m2 it can lasts more than 3 months or kidney damage is more than 3 months, kidney injury refers to abnormal renal pathology or detect abnormalities including blood, urine, an abnormal imaging examination.
Chronic kidney disease (CKD) is a syndrome, it is not a specific kidney disease, kidney disease has the common integrated.The concept of chronic kidney disease (CKD) is a progress of kidney disease is a progressive, it takes a lot of guidance of prevention, diagnosis and treatment of kidney disease.
2、The prevalence of chronic kidney disease
The prevalence of chronic kidney disease have the tendency of increasing. In China, the prevalence of chronic kidney disease (CKD) is about 8% to 10%.With the increasing of the aging population, the extension of average life expectancy and improvement of living standards, the prevalence of diabetes and high blood pressure increases gradually, long-term poor control of blood glucose and blood pressure can make patients to appear diabetic nephropathy and hypertensive nephropathy, patients increased year by year, it has the tendency of advanced age and rejuvenation.
3、What will do harm to patients with chronic kidney disease?
Suffering from chronic kidney disease, patients don’t find in time, they have no timely treatment, they don’t adhere to the dynamic monitoring and treatment or treatment effect is not good, most patient with kidney function decline, kidney function decline to a certain extent, it can develop into uremia, it requires renal replacement therapy at this time,we usually call dialysis or a kidney transplant, in order to maintain life, it leads to large medical costs, low quality of life, short survival time, and so on.In addition, the incidence of cardiovascular complications of patients with chronic kidney disease is high, according to statistics, about half of the patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) appear cardiovascular complications, such as high blood pressure, heart function declining, arrhythmia, arteriosclerosis, cerebral hemorrhage, etc, these lead to increase mortality of death and short survival life.
4. What are the common chronic kidney disease (CKD)?
Chronic kidney disease (CKD) is not a specific disease, it is a clinical syndrome including many kidney diseases in our country, the common chronic kidney disease include some following kidney disease : chronic glomerulonephritis, IgA nephropathy, nephrotic syndrome, diabetic nephropathy, hypertensive nephropathy, chronic uric acid nephropathy, lupus nephritis, purpura nephritis, drug-induced kidney disease, polycystic kidney and chronic renal failure.
5. How to find patients suffering from chronic kidney disease?
For patients with chronic kidney disease, they can appear some symptoms or signs, such as face, eyelid, double leg edema, urine bubble, macroscopic hematuria, nocturia increasing, waist pain, anemia, high blood pressure, when they appear these situations, they need to go to the hospital inspection.Also some patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) do not have the above symptoms, they can have nonspecific symptoms such as fatigue, weakness, when they found the disease that is in the late period of chronic kidney disease.In general, they should go to the hospital for urine routine examination, blood for a kidney function test, urinary B ultrasonic examination that can detect whether they have common kidney disease.
6、How to prevent chronic kidney disease
The prevention of chronic kidney disease can be divided into tertiary prevention:
(1) Primary prevention：It refers to found in the general population, screening out the people with high risk of chronic kidney disease, high-risk groups are mainly the elderly, low birth weight, hypertensive patients, patients with diabetes, autoimmune disease, kidney disease patients with family history of an individual and acute kidney injury of the individual, these high-risk groups should be strengthened surveillance and intervention;
(2) Secondary prevention: Patients with chronic kidney disease take individual measures to delay the progress of kidney damage and reduce cardiovascular complications.
(3) Tertiary prevention:It is mainly to reduce the complications of uremia, improve the patients survival rate and life quality and reduce the fatality rate.
7. What should patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) in the treatment process pay attention to?
(1) The regular treatment: Patients with chronic kidney disease have to go to normal hospital, it is best to kidney disease specialist for examination and treatment, patients don't believe in false advertising and don't believe charlatanism.
(2) Paying attention to monitoring: Patients have improved due to the treatment, monitoring should be strengthened, patients should do some inspection such as urine routine examination, inspection of renal function and blood pressure measurement, etc. When they are found the problem,they should see a doctor at any time.